ROTEC’s products benefits and advantages
Increasing process recovery rate in a steady-state operation
- Up to 20% increase in water production.
- Up to 20% decrease in raw water (feed) consumption.
- Up to 70% decrease in brine (concentrate) volume for disposal.
Prohibition of Biofouling growth
- Proven highly effective to prohibit the growth of Biofouling when compared to conventional RO.
- Minimize Chemical Cleaning (CIP) frequency.
Minimizing chemical consumption
- Minimize or eliminate anti-scalant and acid consumption.
- Allowing a cost-effective combination of crystallizer systems in RO process (near ZLD).
Strong feasibility in the conservative market
- Can be introduced to RO desalination plants, either as a retrofit (of existing installations) or as a greenfield plant design (new installations).
- Minimal operational adjustments required (~99% of the time, Flow Reversal based systems operates the same as standard RO).
- Fallback – 100%
4 lines of products are commercially available:
1. Ultra-High Recovery RO desalination systems
ROTEC provides a wide range of turnkey applications incorporating off-the-shelf or customized Flow Reversal desalination systems, tailored to meet specific industrial applications. Supplied system includes a complete “ROTEC System” – all the additional equipment required to allow operation at higher recoveries compared to standard system design as an integral part of the desalination system. The supplied system will also include all the required pre-treatment and post-treatment auxiliary systems.
2. Customized retrofit package for existing RO systems
ROTEC’s retrofit package implements a retrofit design that enables integration of “Flow Reversal” technology into existing RO desalination systems
The required equipment, on-site construction, and engineering services are supplied by Rotec as part of the retrofit package.
Before Retrofitting– 75% recovery
After Retrofitting – 90% recovery
3. Customized Engineering design packages
ROTEC supplies comprehensive design packages based on its “Flow Reversal” technology that include engineering and production files and enable the production, installation, and operation of new RO desalination plants and retrofit of existing plants.
4. Brine Concentrator Units
ROTEC’s Brine Concentrator solution is a new revolutionary Flow Reversal unit which enables further recovery of existing plant’s brine stream, designed to treat high TDS values (> 7,000 ppm).
Brine concentrator 3D design
Brine concentrator picture from the site